Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tip - Business Cards

When I first started my business I printed all my cards at home trying to save money. Dumb idea. This is definitely one of those things you want to hire out! It cost me almost $20 to buy a pack of 200 blank business cards and I spent untold hours trying to get the dang paper to line up right in my printer, feeding each page in one at a time and so many times the stupid thing would shift in the printer and the design would spill over to the other cards, ruining the whole sheet. I think I got about 100 good cards out of the 200 card pack. Because of the finicky-ness of the process I couldn't have a card with a design that went all the way to the edge and it didn't look as professional as I wanted it to. And then someone recommended VistaPrint to me and I'm so happy I found them! It was very easy to load up my design, I paid a few dollars extra for an image on the back and it just cost a couple bucks to load up my design - and once you load up your design you can use it for any other product without paying each time. I got 1500 cards for $50! Doing it myself I was paying $0.20 per card (100 good cards for $20) plus endless frustrating hours, through VistaPrint I just spent a few minutes setting it up, got a great looking card and only paid about $0.03 per card! I didn't even have to pop the cards out of the sheet, leaving my cards with those annoying perforated edges. =)

Vista Print: www.VistaPrint.com.

No comments: